Your Ultimate Guide to Whey Protein
Protein is a very important nutrient for the body and it is required on a daily basis. The human body requires protein for bone health, to maintain muscle mass, raise metabolic rates, and maintain overall health. The composition of protein is a mixture of essential and non-essential amino acids, helping the body maintain a good health. Out of all the protein sources, whey protein is the most high quality protein. Other than helping to repair body cells, it also helps to build and repair muscles and bones, as well as providing a source of energy. Good sources of protein include animal products and by-products. Milk, for example, has two kinds of proteins, casein and whey protein. Between the two, whey protein is more soluble than casein.
Whey protein is a weight gaining supplement extracted from cow’s milk. In the composition of cow’s milk, 20% is whey protein and the remaining 80 percent is casein, comprising of fat, lactose, and minerals. Whey protein contains lactoglobulin, alpha-lactalbumin, and serum albumin. Taking whey protein supplements with a regular diet can help people gain weight. For this reason, whey it is a very good weight lifting supplement. Health conscious people should definitely consider whey protein for its low carbohydrate level and lack of fat content. Drinking whey protein shakes may be included in a well-rounded muscle building program.
Many body building enthusiasts prefer to take whey protein, as it is very low in carbohydrates and fats. The fact that whey can be digested quickly, making it even more suitable. Among all proteins, whey protein is the most nutritious. When people consume whey protein, the amino acids will be used by the skeletal muscles to help them exercise more vigorously, so it’s ideally suitable for body builders who have to burn a lot of calories in a short period of time. For body builders, whey protein helps in muscle growth. Research studies have shown that whey protein help in acceleration of muscle development. Pregnant women are advised to take whey protein since the amino acids in the proteins help in infant growth. Whey protein is also desired by people who are on a low carbohydrate and no cholesterol diet. People with indigestion problems are prescribed with whey proteins as they are easily digestible.
While there are many positives associated with whey protein, consumption should be controlled. Over consumption can lead to some side effects. People with some sort of milk allergy can get allergic reactions to whey protein as it is derived from milk but there’s only a small amount of lactose in it so the reactions may not be severe. Some body builders may also experience some pain while they are exercising because their muscles will be building up more lactic acid. There are also rare instances of kidney stones, gas, and bloating.
Please find useful information about whey protein from these sites:
FAQs: Very good answers on some of the most frequently asked questions on whey protein.
Whey Protein and Blood Pressure: A study that shows if whey protein will affect blood pressure.
What is Whey: Provides vital information on whey protein.
Whey Information: Shows why whey protein is the best protein for body building.
Whey Protein: An article on how whey protein has become a nutritional powerhouse.
Despite its side effects whey protein supplements are desired by body builders for the many benefits it offers. Adding more whey protein to your diet can help you enjoy the benefits of a balanced meal. It is important to maintain a health and well balanced diet, not matter what stage of life one is in. Maintaining a proper diet and exercise has immeasurable benefits and will help maintain a long and active lifestyle.